Wawa Wood, also known as Obeche Wood, is a popular choice for many woodworking projects. It is a hardwood species that is known for its light color and easy workability. Wawa Wood is a versatile material that can be used in a variety of applications due to its unique characteristics.
Wawa Wood is a tropical hardwood that grows in West and Central Africa. It is known for its light color, which ranges from almost white to pale yellow. Wawa Wood has a straight grain, a fine texture, and a uniform appearance. It is a low-density wood that is easy to work with and has good stability.
- Light color, ranging from almost white to pale yellow
- Straight grain
- Fine texture
- Uniform appearance
- Low density
- Easy to work with
- Good stability
- Botanical name: Triplochiton scleroxylon
- Janka hardness: 430 lbf (1,920 N)
- Density: 27-28 lbs/ft³ (430-450 kg/m³)
- Moisture content: 8-12%
- Durability: Low to moderate
- Interior millwork