Bitumen, also known as asphalt, is a sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid form of petroleum. Thanks to its waterproofing qualities, it is widely used in construction. Bituminous membranes are perfect for waterproofing roofs, basements, below-ground structures, bridges and other structures.
Once applied, bituminous membranes are a thin layer of watertight material fully-bonded to the surface. It is a flexible system, able to maintain its waterproof capacity without causing cracks.
- Fully-bonded system
- Resistant to the most extreme weather conditions
- Ease of maintenance
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High resistance to mechanical damage and punctures
- Retaining walls, basements and below-ground structures
- Flat roofs under protective layers of ballast
- Balconies and terraces under tiles
- Wet areas
- Underground car parks
- Raft slabs and foundations
- Protection of various substrates in a wide range of applications